[mythtv] Backend segfault backtrace, ??ERY_RECORDER

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sat Jul 12 22:27:16 EDT 2003

I had the exact same problem when running a dual Celeron 366 on an Asus
P2B-DS board.

Isaac seemed to think it was a problem with the network so I tried swapping
all my NIC cards, but nothing seemed to help. I then replaced the CPU's with
dual P2 350's and it was better, but still happended. Then I removed 1 CPU
and used only 1 and it has not happened since. I think the ivtv driver has
some SMP issue perhaps.

You are using Gentoo as well correct? It could be Gentoo related (or their
kernel patches) as that is what I use as well. I was not able to find a
combination of compilation options that worked other than removing 1 CPU.

Dennis

P.S. I am waiting for Xbox's to go on sale again for my frontends. I may
need to get your advice since you appear to already use them for this.