[mythtv] Audio/Video changes during channel change (In progress).

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sat Jul 12 22:36:46 EDT 2003

Hi All!

I've made my choice of persecution (reinitialize what's needed:).

I thus propose two new functions (we'll probably need more) for
NuppelVideoPlayer, VideoParamsChanged & AudioParamsChanged. And in
XvVideoOutput we'll need a VideoParamsChanged also.

I'm currently working on XvVideoOutput::VideoParamsChanged, although it
takes some time, as I have to learn as I go. I've completed (for now, takes
around 6000ms to complete(note:time should be looked into at other places
also), which is unacceptable for
release)NuppelVideoPlayer::VideoParamsChanged.

I've not looked into AudioParamsChanged, as it does not do that at my
current setup(I'll get to this when I'm done with the Xv stuff), but any
input if this is actually needed would be helpful.

We also need some changes in the classes beneath, as we obviously need to
propagate the message that something has changed down the chain.
(Could you put this way back in your subconsciousness Ben?:)

Is this a acceptable change?

I want feedback here, so I won't do something for nothing!

Cheers,
Kenneth.
(Sorry for the typos and stuff in my previous posting,
I guess I was a bit drunk ;)

BTW: Have a cool weekend, I know I will!!!!