[mythtv] Question about finding to-be-recorded programs

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Fri Jul 11 18:18:18 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:44:35PM -0500, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> I'm looking at making the program-listing and mythweb be able to get the
> 'real' list of to-be recorded programs, and ran into someting a bit
> confusing.

I've been contemplating this and other recording issues recently.  In
my case, I'm most interested in selectively recording or not recording
specific episodes of a recurring show.  I went back and re-read some
old threads in the archives and have an approach I'd like to propose.

The basic idea is to try to place definitive will or won't record
information in the program table.  Specifically, the following columns
would be added to the database.

In the program table:

recordid: Points to the corresponding row in the record table, if any.
I know this isn't strictly necessary, but it would probably make some
queries simpler and faster.

recordstatus: Indicates whether or not the program will be recorded.
This would normally be set automatically when a record entry is set or
new programs are added to the table.  It could be manually changed by
the user from the program guide, resolve conflicts, etc.
  0: not applicable or undetermined yet
  1: will record, manually selected
  2: will record, automatically selected
  -1: won't record, manually deselected
  -2: won't record, automatically deselected

In the record table:

recorddups: Indicates whether or not to record duplicate espisodes.
Could either be a simple yes/no, or yes/no/not within x days of
deletion.  Most users probably don't need this but there was some
interest in it previously.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I am willing to work on
implementing this.

David
--
David Engel