[mythtv] detiecting upcoming recordings in frontend/mythweb

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jul 10 17:54:47 EDT 2003

On 10 Jul 2003 13:45:47 -0700, "Chris Petersen lists-at-forevermore.net
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <o8f8hesx3k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > The downside of this is that it is slow.
>
> I think I'll just wait until I have time to grab the recording info from
> mythbackend.  It should merge pretty easily with the Program object and
> the current data, and shouldn't really have any noticeable performance
> problems.  This way, it'll also reflect the data that mythbackend sees,
> in case someone decides to change how the backend decides what
> should/n't be recorded.

Sure, that's fine, but mythbackend dosn't actually decide anything about
a program past the 1st upcoming program (at least today).  So if you look
beyond the 1st occurance of a new episode, mythbackend doesn't have any
info about what it will do.  Any check for that requires a
cross-reference of the entire program table, which is what is causing the
slowdown.  So if this gets implemented in mythbackend, a similar penalty
awaits (unless someone comes up with a better method of checking than I
have)

.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer