[mythtv] MythTV Crashes on DVB channel change.

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri Jul 11 00:25:35 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>If it's changing settings like these mid-stream, that's certainly what's
>causing it to die.

Yes. With DVB, you get the MPEG stream directly from the satellite, and
every channel may use different MPEG settings, even aspect ratio (and
do, in practice). MythTV, however, currently doesn't stop the stream
during a channel change, but just keeps it running (recorder, player,
display and all). So, we'd basically need to change that, tearing down
at least the player (or parts thereof), so it can reinitialize to the
new stream. Do you think that's a good idea (and acceptable change), and
do you have any particular pointers/hints/ideas about what to do
concretely? IIRC, zaheer was looking into that or wanted to, I don't
remember. It's not a top priority for me, because I hardly ever use
LiveTV, only for MTV :).

(sneaked "DVB" in subject)

Ben