[mythtv] MythTV Crashes on channel change.

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu Jul 10 23:16:57 EDT 2003

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

>you have made a wonderfull piece of software!

Great, thanks. Good to see that DVB-S is (apart from LiveTV) appearantly
working. I wonder how you set up the channels, though :).

>I have set up MythTV successfully on my Hauppauge Nexus-S DVB-S board, but when I change channels MythTV crashes.

Known bug. Crashes somewhere in avcodec, probably because the stream
format (resolution, aspect, bandwidth etc.) changes mid-stream, given
how MythTV works, and the lib doesn't like that, something like that.

>I've done 'thread apply all bt full' a lot of times, and it's not ending up in the same location every time. Included the most common of them here.
>If you need more info..

Isaac, there you have the backtraces you asked for ;-P.

Thanks for your report,

Ben