[mythtv] Perl expertise wanted

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Jul 9 10:28:04 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 02:36 pm, William Preston wrote:
> using a package called webplay to playback
> my collection of music.  It definitely doesn't have the cool factor that
> mythmusic does ;), but one thing its perl code does seem to have is really
> fast music indexing.  It can index to a file or to a mysql/postgres
> database.  For example, on my 50ish Gig music collection it takes rougly 45
> seconds to catalog my whole music collection to a file

	It is impressively fast to index, which leads me to suspect it's cheating
(don't sample at all, just multilpy bitrate by size - header).

	Unfortunately, I don't know Perl. It would be very useful if someone (I've
copied this back to the mailing list) who does know Perl code look at this
code and give some hints as to what it's doing.

- thor