[mythtv] bug - LiveTV to Recording transition, breaks backend

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jul 4 19:52:21 EDT 2003

On Friday 04 July 2003 06:11 pm, avalanche at beyondmonkey.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried this one twice and it seems to be reproducible.
> I'm using cvs from 2003.06.19.
>
> The setup:
> Select two shows to record that are back to back same channel
> Watch LiveTV, not the channel you want to record.
> MythTV will tell you it wants to record etc, do nothing let it change
> the channel and start recording.
> When it tries to start recording the second show it'll choke and
> not record it or any other scheduled stuff after that.
> At this point back/frontend are still alive and well, no seg but the
> backend has to be restarted to get recording working again.
>
> console:
> Changing from WatchingLiveTV to WatchingRecording
> Changing from WatchingRecording to WatchingPreRecorded
> Fri Jul 4 21:45:02 2003:  wanted to record:
> Alles Atze 1001 Fri Jul 4 21:45:00 2003
> But current state is: 2
> Unknown state transition: WatchingPreRecorded to None
>
> The backend will display the 'state 2' error for all future recording
> attempts.
>
> I have my 'record past end of show' set to 600, don't know if
> that's related. The Problem seems to be the two shows that are
> back to back, it works with only one show to record.

Mind testing something?

Go into tv_rec.cpp, and modify TVRec::RemoveRecording() (line 241 or so) to
be:

TVState TVRec::RemoveRecording(TVState state)
{
    if (StateIsRecording(state))
    {
        if (state == kState_RecordingOnly)
            return kState_None;
        return kState_WatchingLiveTV;
    }
    return kState_Error;
}

changing that kState_WatchingPreRecorded to kState_WatchingLiveTV, is all.

See if that helps at all?

Isaac