[mythtv] Quiet/Silent PC for Myth

Randy Page rpage at chiba.homeunix.net
Thu Jan 30 23:29:24 EST 2003

On Thursday 30 January 2003 10:34 pm, Brian Foddy wrote:
> One thing you didn't mention in your writeup tho, and VERY
> important for me.  How about RF interference?  As I
> use good old-fashion rabbit ears, not having a good shielded
> metal case I think would be a disaster.
> In my prototype machine, its bad enough.

One of the things you can do is take a wire brush to all of the contact
surfaces and then replace all rivets and screws with SS. Properly ground the
case and you are golden.

When I was running an early pacsat-net gateway it worked for me.
--
R.

Jack Russell Terrier property ownership laws:
 If I like it, it's mine.  If it's in my mouth, it's mine.  If I can take it
from you, it's mine.  If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.  If it's
mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.  If I'm chewing something
up, all the pieces are mine. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.  If I saw
it first, it's mine.  If you are playing with something and you put it down,
it automatically becomes mine;

 If it's broken, it's yours.