[mythtv] None

Gary Sinclair clgary at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 13:12:28 EST 2003

Yes but when you kill the all of MythTV, it should
stop using the Tv Card correct?  I thought the muting
of the line in was because of the sound of the
playback/Live tv and you would hear the lag of the
played back stream compared to the Tv Cards output.

I would assume that once you stop watching "Live TV",
it would stop trying to capture from the TV Card
unless there was a scheduled recording, which you
wouldn't hear in theory because the Line In is muted
to begin with.

So is the correct behavior then, that the TV Card,
once started by MythTV will always run, even exiting
the programs (front and back ends)?

--- Ken VanDine <ken at bizrace.com> wrote:
> That isn't exactly true.  The audio is being pasted
> straight thru from the
> capture device.  You need to mute the line it and
> set it to capture.
>
> Read this for more detailed instructions:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html
>
> --Ken
>

> Quoting Merle Reine <merle.reine at lindows.com>:
>
> > I have the same problem.  I even killed all
> mythfrontend, mythtv,
> > mythbackend, mysql, etc.  The sound continues from
> the last channel I
> > was running.  Our engineers tell me it is due to
> the audio driver being
> > initialized and then it is not being unloaded.  I
> manually unload the
> > audio driver and it stops.  Prior to that, the
> sound continued all the
> > way untill i rebooted.
> >
> > On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 22:17, Gary Sinclair wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone have the problem of Mythv not
> stopping the
> > > tv card?  I have to quit MythTV .8 backend and
> start
> > > xawtv just to shut it off
> > >
> > > =====
> > > Gary