[mythtv] MythMusic patch for users w/o ID3 tags on mp3 files.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jan 30 13:53:10 EST 2003

> > Would it be possible to add a thing so that files where sorted like the
> > directories on your disc?

> I would have to agree with this.  Sorting by directory allows people that
> have already painstakingly sorted their Mp3's into directories to continue
> to do so.  Maybe adding an option "mp3dirsorting=1" or something like

Can't you already do this by setting the TreeLevels variable in
mythmusic-settings.txt?

If you have NonID3FileNameFormat set like either of these:

	str NonID3FileNameFormat=GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK_TITLE
	str NonID3FileNameFormat=GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM/TITLE

then set TreeLevels like this:

	str TreeLevels=genre artist album title

Or am I off track here?  Do you have directories which aren't any of the
above like this:

/opt/music/Drive_Fast_Music/Country/The_Devil_Went_Down_To_Georgia.mp3

If you mean something like this, then maybe there could be an option for
TreeLevels that would let you do something like this:

	str TreeLevels=directory

and then inside mythmusic you'd see something like this:

* Drive Fast Music
	* Country
		* 0 - The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Looks like it would be fairly easy to do this, just parse each filename
from the database when building the tree and reproduce the mythmusic tree
to look like the actual directory tree.  Fairly "simple" mod to
mythmusic/databasebox.cpp I believe.

Chris