[mythtv] New Theme in Progress: SasQuatch

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Thu Jan 30 08:27:12 EST 2003

At 29-1-03 21:53, Isaac Richards wrote:
>On Wednesday 29 January 2003 02:31 pm, Merle Reine wrote:
> > ...it would be easier to incorporate the setup to the setup menu in MythTV.
>It doesn't make any sense for the backend setup to be part of the frontend
>settings.  A frontend doesn't necessarily _have_ a tuner card to configure,
>how's it going to probe inputs, etc?  The frontend(s) don't care about what
>paths you're storing video in, and that's something that will probably be
>different across machines if you have multiple backend boxes.  Etc., etc.,
>etc.

Why not make it a button only appearing if the backend is running on
localhost? That way everybody with a single machine will be happy, and
everybody with split setups probably know a bit more what they are doing so
they will be happy as well.

For myself I want every setup out of the menus, firstly I just use mysqlcc
(setup module is not Europe-proof yet) and second would really hate to have
a setup menu accessible by anyone in the living:-)
But I realize I'm probably the only one, so Merle: get your fulltime paid
engineers hacking instead of trying to get it all done for free...

Erik