[mythtv] Video Recording Process

Michael Cook foobarsoft at foobarsoft.com
Wed Jan 29 15:00:41 EST 2003

Hi all. Hopefully this question will be easy for you guys to answer. I've
been looking at how the recording process works. I'm trying to understand it
so I can start to look at ways to separate the recording/compressing
processes or to even be able to move one/both to another computer (these
features would really help me). Before I start tinkering I'd just like to
make sure I have things straight. It's really the last part that matters.
>From what I see, when something is to be recorded, it always comes down to
calling NuppleVideo through the TV class. Is this the way all recordings are
done?