[mythtv] New Theme in Progress: SasQuatch

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jan 29 15:53:20 EST 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 02:31 pm, Merle Reine wrote:
> I definately do not mean to "pressure".  I just find that from my trial
> and error install as well as others here at the office has made us
> realize that it would be easier to incorporate the setup to the setup
> menu in MythTV.  It already has a gui so it would be logical to have it
> incorporated into the rest of the setup.  It was just a suggestion.

It doesn't make any sense for the backend setup to be part of the frontend
settings.  A frontend doesn't necessarily _have_ a tuner card to configure,
how's it going to probe inputs, etc?  The frontend(s) don't care about what
paths you're storing video in, and that's something that will probably be
different across machines if you have multiple backend boxes.  Etc., etc.,
etc.

Isaac