[mythtv] New Theme in Progress: SasQuatch

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Wed Jan 29 11:26:08 EST 2003

Making it easier to setup and configure *would* make it more attractive
for all BUT you also must consider that it is an open source PROJECT.  I
don't really know what Isaac wants out of MythTV, but I have a feeling he
started it because HE had a desire for a so-called all-in-one box.  I'm
sure making it functional for him had a much higher priority than making
it easy for the masses.

I also don't know if Myth is really intended to hit a "more mainstream
market".  The term "market" would suggest that something is for sale.
Sure, if we were all beta testers for a future product release, then I
think you'd have a point, but....

I think we are all for making it easier to install and run on a daily
basis, but we must all consider that this [MythTV] is a HUGE undertaking
and a lot of work has gone into it.  If you aren't one of the main
developers, then ya just gotta roll with the punches.  Let's not pressure
those that are providing us with a free (and very cool) project.