[mythtv] Debugging mythtv?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Wed Jan 29 03:51:35 EST 2003

Does the installation process run 'strip' at any point? That explicitly
goes through and removes debugging symbols.

<rant>
Stripped binaries are _really really really_ annoying when trying to write
a debugger. So is -fomit-frame-pointer, which makes it nearly impossible
to get a good trace
</rant>

Compiling with -ggdb (or -g) and making sure strip doesn't get run should
do it.

Drew

Drew Bernat                                                __ ____
abernat at zathras.net                                         |  | |