[mythtv] Which filesystem?

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Mon Jan 27 15:29:07 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 103 12:09:52 -0800 (PST)
Poul Petersen <petersp at math.orst.edu> wrote:

[snip of my testing]

> 	There have been quite a few errata updates for RH 7.3 - I think
> they are upto 2.4.18-19 or something like that. I also recall seeing
> mention of a sync problem with ext3 on the ext3 mailing list perhaps
> 5 months ago - the problem would cause a very brief "hang" every three
> minutes or so, probably enough to cause a few frames to drop. I don't know
> if RedHat has included the patches for this that were posted on the
> ext3 mailing list - have a look at the thread at:

My other system (ie the one under the TV :) is Athalon 2000XP, RH 7.3 with
ide/2.4.18-19 with v4l2 and alsa added.  Same kind of frame drops....

So back to ext2 for me.

I haven't added the preemption patch yet, but it has the lowlatency patch
courtesy of Redhat's tree.

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission