[mythtv] Which filesystem?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Jan 27 15:32:58 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:26:18AM -0800, Micah Morton wrote:

> I would honestly recommend XFS. Other than being WAY faster than
> ext2/ext3, it is a TRUE journaling file system rather than the band-aid of
> a file system ext3. :) Its solid, stable, and fast.  I would recommend it
> to anybody dealing at all with video or multimedia apps. SGI uses it for
> all of their graphics stations.

What's your beef with ext3 exactly?  What is not TRUE about it?

I have no experience with XFS under Linux, but this is indeed exactly the
sort of application for which XFS was intended (large multimedia files).
That said, I still regularly hear reports of filesystem corruption from
Linux/XFS users.

--
 - mdz