[mythtv] How does this setup sound?

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Mon Jan 27 11:55:21 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:39:27 -0500
"Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have a WinTV-radio PCI card... got it for about $42 from some OEM
> reseller.  It came without the remote, but I wrote to Hauppauge and they
> sent me the remote & IR receiver for free (!!)  The remote works fine
> with LIRC, but unfortunately it also works great with my Philips TV, so
> every time I try to control MythTV, my real tv does something
> unexpected!
>
> The video capture is just fine; I'm going to try btaudio capture next,
> since I'm having problems with my sound card.  By the way, has anyone
> been able to record with the cs46xx ALSA or OSS/Free drivers?  I have a
> Hercules Fortissimo III, which is a great card, but I can't capture from
> any of the sources under Linux with anything but the commercial OSS
> drivers.  Even these give me a problem where the captured audio cycles
> between being really jittery and being fine.  Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> -JAC

You're screwed on the cs46xx Alsa drivers.  I have a Fortissimo II (same
chipset) and it will record fine as long an you don't do duplex.  Duplex
is the killer.  I replaced mine with a Hoontech Digital XG.

I used the Fortissimo II with vcr for about a year in non-duplex recording
applications fine, unfortunately Myth opens /dev/dsp duplex.  So I you
have lots of spare time btaudio sounds like a possible work arround.

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission