[mythtv] CVS version

Chris Lack ixion at linuxpusher.com
Sun Jan 26 12:22:02 EST 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 11:21 am, aaron wrote:
> So, I'm guessing that I'm missing a definition of mode_t, based on the
> failing line in RingBuffer.h:
>
>     ThreadedFileWriter(const char *filename, int flags, mode_t mode);
>
> Have I totally mucked things up? I'd happily correct the problem myself,
> but I have no idea how this mode_t is supposed to be defined. :(
>
> Any suggestions?

You're hot on the trail of the culprit.  It's good that you started looking
for the problem before coming and posting a generic "help!  doesn't compile!"
message.  You're probably right in your assumption that mode_t isn't being
defined for whatever reason.  Your next step would be:

cd /usr/include
grep -r mode_t *

It'd be best to do this in a terminal with a large scrollback as there might
be a lot of mode_t's within the system header files, but somewhere you should
find something typedef'd as mode_t in at least one file.  On my own system it
looks like it's:

typedef __mode_t mode_t;

If you get something similar you could first trying changing the mode_t in the
myth function to __mode_t and see if that works.  If that doesn't work you
should probably repeat the process for __mode_t and in the end either fix the
file to contain the header you need to just replace mode_t/__mode_t with
whatever basic type (char/short/int/long etc) it is typedef'd as on your
system.

Good luck,
Chris