[mythtv] Poll: what CPU with Dual Tuners/PIP?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Jan 25 23:58:36 EST 2003

Michael D. Cencula wrote:
> On Sunday 26 January 2003 00:12, Larry Matter wrote:
>
>>Lastly, I want to reiterate Isaac's comment about btaudio (it either works
>>or it doesn't).  I struggled (without success) trying to get it to work
>>with my Pinnacle PCTV Pro.  Btaudio loaded, the dsp's appeared, but no
>>sound.  The Hauppauge worked right after I loaded btaudio.
>

> I disagree.  I've got three of the Hauppauge 401 WinTV radio cards.  Two new
> models and one old model.  On the new models, the digital audio input works
> and sounds good.

I can certainly believe that this is true for the cards
you've tried. However, I agree with Isaac and Larry that
btaudio simply does not work for some cards. And, as you
point out, even if it does work it can sound crappy. I'd
never tell someone to buy some card and expect to use
btaudio. If you try it and it works, great! Otherwise, make
sure you have a spare PCI slot ;-). I like the approach
of getting a nice card with digital surround sound then
using the on board audio chip as the DSP for the second
tuner.

--  bjm