[mythtv] MythTV Box (micro ATX) Case Suggestions

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Fri Jan 24 17:25:01 EST 2003

I have this same case. A few things that i felt were odd for a $200 case:

1) it does not have removable drive bays
2) the power supply lays flat upside down (compared to a tower), so dual
fan power supplies will be sucking air from the top of the case straight
down, not exactly good airflow
3) no ir window on the front of the case

It is available through www.trendetronics.com. They are also selling the
atc-630, which i know nothing about. With the 610, which i bought this
summer, i felt i was basically an early adopter, since a lot of the fit
and finish items i would expect for that much money just weren't there
yet.

Here is another case that i checked out a while ago; at the time i could
only find it from retailers in germany, but it is now carried by newegg:

http://www.ahanix.com/dvine.html

Advantages to this one are full atx, window for a VFD. I dont know if you
can put an ir receiver in this one. It's about the same cost as the
coolermaster.

Beyond that, there are the Lian Li HTPC cases, but from what i have seen
of those, they are not exactly aesthetically pleasing. There is another
case company but from what i have seen their units start at around $400
(no PS), which is out of your specified range.

-Dan