[mythtv] FIC AT31 motherboard

Michael Peay mythtv at peay.us
Fri Jan 24 15:04:29 EST 2003

I purchased this motherboard in hopes of building a MythTV box around
it, but the kernel kept dying with a Machine Check Exception (I forget
which number) immediately after Grub (using RH 7.3). I made some
efforts to determine what the problem was, but ended up returning it
and getting a MSI MS-6390
(http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/
pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=80&MODEL=MS-6390).

I'm sure it's possible to get the board happy, but it would probably
require either a new kernel or a kernel compiled with MCE off.

It's been six weeks, maybe there's more support info and experiences
around the 'net.

   --Mike