[mythtv] MythTV - DRI required?

COFFMAN Steven SCoffman at COVANSYS.com
Fri Jan 24 15:35:55 EST 2003

I had assumed that GATOS was only for All-In-Wonder cards. Is that not
correct? I have a Radeon 8500 128 for my video card, and a seperate ATI
TV Wonder card.

-Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Mietz Egli [mailto:paul at obscure.com]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 1:30 PM
To: mythtv-dev at snowman.net
Subject: Re: [mythtv] MythTV - DRI required?

Isaac Richards said:
> On Friday 24 January 2003 03:02 am, COFFMAN Steven wrote:
> > ATI Radeon 8500 + Athlon + Red Hat (7.3, 8.0, or 8.0.93) (any
> capture
> > card) do not play back with MythTV. The problem is not DRI, since
> > 8.0.93 does support it, and after playing glxgears at AGPx4, running
>
> Secondly, use the gatos drivers with your video card.

Here are some links to get you started with GATOS:

    GATOS home page: http://gatos.sourceforge.net/
ATI cards and GATOS: http://www.reades.com/radeon.html
 ...and my PVR page: http://www.obscure.com/pvr/

I have had mixed success with a Radeon 8500DV and GATOS: DRM is active
but the performance from glxgears is about the same as no DRM and the TV
tuner only gets one channel.  Check out the last link for the whole
lurid story and updates as I get things working.

p.