[mythtv] "ran out of free AUDIO buffers :-(" Fix

Xepo Xepo at trifault.net
Thu Jan 23 20:58:14 EST 2003

>> >What was the buffer size before you commented out all that?
>>
>> I'm actually not positive.  I'll check the next chance I get enough
>time
>> to work on it.  Right now, I'm unable to recreate the problem.  I
>don't
>> have cable plugged into the TV tuner, and there's not one available
>> here.

>I'd just like to know what the result of that ioctl was, so you don't
>really
>have to be able to reproduce it.  If it's an obviously wrong number,
>then I
>can just check for that, and override it like you did in your original
>patch
>while keeping the current behavior for people that don't need the
>override.

Heheh.  By I can't reproduce it, I mean I'm getting a perfectly valid
size for my buffer.   I decompressed it again, and added in a cout to
output the buffer size, and guess what it outputted?  4096.  So
evidently something I changed on my system between then and now fixed
it, but I have absolutely no way of knowing what it was (I tweak my
system a lot).  Sorry.  I should have found out what it was before, and
sent it with my first email.

I am positive however, that those changes in the code are what fixed it
originally -- I switched back and forth between the two different
versions when I had the problem.  It should probably be sufficient to
just check whether it's under a certain size, no?  Though, I wouldn't
know what that size it would be.

Isaiah