[mythtv] Dual tuner card

Jeff McDonald jeff at cloud9.net
Thu Jan 23 19:47:23 EST 2003

I don't want to open a whole new can of worms here, but I think it's
important to bring this up in light of this comment.  While I applaud
your efforts on providing drivers to all Linux users, I am skeptical
that this will actually happen.  And as many list members (myself
included) would love an option like this... I'm not holding my breath.

>From this link:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#CompanyGPLCostsMoney

"What the GPL requires is that he must have the freedom to distribute a
copy to you if he wishes to. Once the copyright holder does distribute a
copy program to someone, that someone can then redistribute the program
to you, or to anyone else, as he sees fit."

>From the lindows site:
http://help.lindows.com/cgi-bin/visitors.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_s
id=dMAUa3Ag&p_lva=&p_faqid=31&p_created=1018566198&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9n
cmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTgmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1saWNlbnNlJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwx
PX5hbnl_JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

"Lindows.com membership is designed to be exclusive to the individual
that signs up. As a member, we ask that you not distribute copies of the
LindowsOS to other individuals and that you abide by the end user
license agreement that comes with our software."

That is far from allowing an end user to redistribute as they see fit...

Also from the lindows site here:
http://www.lindows.com/lindows_products_license.php

"Some of the software programs included in LindowsOS are licensed (or
sublicensed) to the user under the GNU General Public License..."

Some... Nowhere on the site (AFAICT) does it state that Lindows is GPL.