[mythtv] btaudio?

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 22 16:40:23 EST 2003

>>>>> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:45:43 +0100, Stephan Wentz <wentz at gmx.de> said:

s> my card has the msp3410-chip installed, i just compiled and
s> insmod'ed the btaudio module, and have now several
s> /dev/dspX-devices, how do i tell alsa to use the new btaudio-input
s> for capturing? is there a seperate alsa-driver? haven't found
s> anything about it...  alsamixer only shows input-slots of my
s> soundcard...

	You don't -- you tell mythtv (through setup) to use the new
/dev/dspX device for sound input.  Make sure you test it first using
something like sox (see btaudio docs).  btaudio is the OSS driver for
the TV card so sound input using that driver doesn't go through the
mixer on your first sound card and ALSA doesn't get involved.  For me,
the digital device works with a sampling rate of 32000.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net