[mythtv] Re: mythtv-dev Digest, Vol 1, Issue 314

John Joseph Roets jjr at sunflower.com
Tue Jan 21 22:45:51 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 21:41, John Coiner wrote:

> John Joseph Roets <jjr at sunflower.com> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> > I'm running Myth and getting jerky/jittery video.
> That box should be fast enough.
That's what I thought.  It appears faster from Mark Musone's
suggestions.

> Try building a kernel with power management entirely disabled, and see
> if that makes a difference. My myth box is okay with APM support
> compiled in, but it does strange jittery things if I compile in ACPI
> support...

I disabled apmd.  Is that enough?
I don't know if ACPI is compiled in...(RH 8.0 upgraded kernel to
2.4.18-19.8.0)...

Linux version 2.4.18-19.8.0 (bhcompile at stripples.devel.redhat.com) (gcc
version
3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)) #1 Thu Dec 12 05:39:29 EST 2002

If I get a chance, I might try the jitterometer tests.
I'm planning on buying another tuner, and placing it within my
workstation which will run CVS, and allow me to contribute.  I will
however likely not tinker much with the box in 'production' in our
living room :)  I'm actually putting it to good -- great -- use.
Thank you all.

--

/**
 * john joseph roets