[mythtv] Mythtv freezes

Pascal Cleve linux at tisco.com
Tue Jan 21 16:49:56 EST 2003

I have just completed the installation of mythtv-0.7 and followed the
doc at http://www.mythtv.org/docs/.  Everything went smoothly but I have
few problems:

1- In the MythTV frontend, if I click on 'setup' nothing happens

2- When I watch TV if I try changing a channel either up or down the
screen freezes.  MythEPG is working fine so I assume the DB is filled up
correctly.  I am using a dual processor SMP system.

Everything else appears to be working.

I have another problem but this one is not related to MythTV.  I am
using a Pinnacle PCTV card and I cannot get the sound to work.  I have
the same problem with xawtv.  Picture is OK but no sound.  I am using:

insmod tuner type=33
insmod bttv card=52

Any other module I should use or configure differently.

Thanks