[mythtv] Re: DirecTV Question

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Tue Jan 21 09:44:49 EST 2003

I think the best way to deal with Direct TV receivers is to make a cable
to attach to the low speed data port of the receiver (RCA at least).
This way, the computer can directly control the receiver without using
IR. I've successfully made my own cable and it works great! Check out
http://www.snapstream.com/products/irblaster/rca-cable-diagram.htm for
instructions on making the cable.