[mythtv] Hardware Questions

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Mon Jan 20 22:04:16 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 09:35:54AM -0500, Mike Wohlgemuth wrote:

> 2.  I've seen several sites that say I should avoid using the TV out on
> my video card and get a VGA to NTSC converter instead.  Is this a
> generally held opinion?

No, this is probably one of those topics that could probably produce a
lively discussion on the right newsgroup/mailing list.  Traditionally the
consumer grade converter boxes (especially the small "pocket" models) have
had poor quality but a number of people on this list have reported good
results from current inexpensive units (so check the archives).  Personally
I think the simplicity of an external box would be a real advantages for
something like Myth where there are already enough hardware compatability
issues to worry about.

--
Ray