[mythtv] Xv support error

Ryan A. Carris rac at racarris.com
Mon Jan 20 21:48:23 EST 2003

I'm an idiot.  I thought that the Nvidia Unified Drivers for the Nforce
MB would include the video drivers, but they don't. I followed the
instructions for installing the Nvidia Accelerated drivers, and it now
works.  I can watch live tv.

Now though, I can't change the channel.  I get an error:
"Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly."

Which is weird, because if I choose schedule recording, I see the
channels, programs, ect. --I don't know.  I guess it is a Mysql problem.
  I also can't get Mysql to load on boot, even though the check box in
the Mandrake services config is checked.  I'm working my way through the
MySQL installation docs over at mysql.com now.  Hopefully by the
Superbowl, I can get this all figured out (fingers crossed).

-rac