[mythtv] Set-Top-Box: Hardware Recommendations

Micah Morton micah at oregontech.net
Mon Jan 20 16:19:16 EST 2003

Dear List,

      I'm looking to put together a feature packed piece of hardware with
MythTV, but am not sure what hardware is supported or not.

Currently my scope is leaning toward ATI's All-In-Wonder 8500DV Card as it
is AGP (frees up my 1 PCI slot in my mini-pc), has DTS out, a remote, TV
out, TV Tuner, DVD Acceleration and more features that I'm SURE I'm
leaving out.

I need to know if this card or another one like it is supported under
linux.  What is everybodies recommendations and why isn't there a hardware
compatibility list out there with "features supported" on it? :)

Maybe I'll have to make one.  Anyways, let me know. thanks.

--Micah Morton
--Linux Network Driver Tester
--Intel Corp