[mythtv] getting 2 distinct X displays to run simultaneously

Rick Warner rick at sapphire.no-ip.com
Mon Jan 20 16:06:59 EST 2003

Hello all,
  I have set up my box running mythtv.  I have my primary video (geforce3 agp
w/ tv out) feeding my tv, while i have a second pci card running a monitor so
the machine is dual purpose.  Right now, I have it set up with xinerama.  I
want it set up so that the display on the tv is a distinct, always running
copy of X for mythtv.  I can get 2 separate displays, but I need to switch
between then (alt-f8, alt-f7), with only 1 active and displaying.  Any ideas
people?