[mythtv] TV tuner question

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Jan 17 15:18:34 EST 2003

Drew Bernat wrote:
> Long time listener, first time caller and all that :)
>
> I'm trying to put together a MythTV box, and while I have most of the
> parts I need various online retailers are being very stingy with the TV
> tuner card. I've tried ordering an ATI TV Wonder from three different
> places now, and no luck (well, "order processing" for four days kind of
> luck). Anyway, on to the real question:
>
> I can get either an MSI TV @nywhere card or a Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP
> card from a place that I trust. Has anyone tried either of these cards
> out? What kind of quality are they compared to the ATI?

I believe the MSI TV @nywhere uses a different chip than
the bttv driver supports. Last time I looked there wasn't
a Linux driver for this card but I may be wrong about this.

If there is an OfficeMax store in your area, go there and
check for the "WinTV model 401" for $29. This has S-video,
coax, and composite inputs, internal audio connector, and
FM tuner all for as little or less money than the TV wonder
and you could have it in your mitts today =).

--  bjm