[mythtv] Debian install problems (mysql connect failing)

stan stanb at awod.com
Fri Jan 17 13:02:50 EST 2003

I'm trying to get MythTV installed on a Debian box.

I've been able to add the apropriate bits to apt-get's sources list, such
that an apt-get -t unstable mythtv is able to locate, and downlod all teh
required packages.

However when apt tries to configunre mythtv it fails. It appears that this
failure is because it cannot connect to the mysql backend.

Since I'm unfamilar with mysql (I use PostgreSQL), I really don't know
where to go on this.

How should I proced on geting this working?

How can I test to see if mysql iitself is working?