[mythtv] Asus a7n266-vm, EPG and audio

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Thu Jan 16 11:01:56 EST 2003

> 	You can force the device numbers that btaudio uses by passing
> options to the module.  In modules.conf:
>
> options btaudio dsp1=1 dsp2=2 mixer=1

Thanks! This seems to work for the first capture card. Any ideas how I
get it to work for my second? I get the following error...

btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 01:07.1, irq: 5, latency: 64, mmio:
0xf7000000
btaudio: using card config "default"
btaudio: registered device dsp1 [digital]
btaudio: registered device dsp2 [analog]
btaudio: registered device mixer1
btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 01:08.1, irq: 6, latency: 64, mmio:
0xf6000000
btaudio: using card config "default"
btaudio: can't register digital dsp (rc=-16)

Without the options line, dsp0-3 get registered correctly. I've tried
adding dsp3 and dsp4 entries, but it didn't like that.

Also, the following command works just fine:

sox -r 32000 -c 1 -w -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp0

Unfortunately, sound within Myth is not. I've verified that the audio
setting for the capture card is dsp1 within Myth and audio out is dsp
(sym link to dsp0). I currently only have the first capture card entered
into the Myth setup. I've played around with the btaudio
volume,mute,record settings using kmix, but I have yet to get it to
work. Either there is no sound or I hear this thumping that keeps
getting louder and louder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-j