[mythtv] seperating backend/frontend

Chris cisip at sprintmail.com
Tue Jan 14 21:56:16 EST 2003

lirc can execute scripts. If there is a console command to manipulate
the alsamixer, you can ask lirc to do that.  Also Ive come accross a
progra , i think it is xkbd that will emulate a keyboard in X.  I havent
played with it yet but supposedly it will allow you to write scripts
that pass commands to for example press Alt 1 to change workspace. Ive
lost the url that showed how to do this though. If there is a way to run
a script in the server from the client machine, then you might be able
to configure lirc on the client to call that script to emulate a
keypress on the server.  Just ideas.