[mythtv] seperating backend/frontend

Chris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 13 19:22:24 EST 2003

using Myth .7 a client PC can playback video nfs exported from a server
pc using homepna 10mbps. This is video recorded at 2500 data rate and
44100 audio.  Seeking forward on bigger video clips is slow though,
according to Isaac this is due to the seek table not created for longer
videos in .7.  I basically just run a copy of myth on the "client"pc
with some features disabled.