[mythtv] seperating backend/frontend

Stephan Wentz mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon Jan 13 18:54:07 EST 2003

On Monday 13 January 2003 18:48, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 13 January 2003 12:18 pm, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> > Isaac, the issue is that the backend has the video capture card, and
> > the capture card itself has a special connector for a specific IR
> > receiver that comes with the capture card.  The front-end doesn't
> > have the capture card, and therefore doesn't have the IR receiver
> > connected, so there's no way to backhaul the IR signals without a
> > really long cable from the capture card to the IR receiver at the
> > front-end or something else, like an X10 IR extender.
>
> Ah.  I didn't even think about that.

maybe the solution would be to configure your frontend to use the rc... so if
you've got 3 clients (frontends) registered only one configurable machine can
use the frontent, but this leads me back to my initial comment that the
backend has got to get the rc-input either natively or thorugh
keyboard-command and send it back to the frontend, which will interpet the
commands... or let the backend interpret them and send the changes to the
frontend, either way!

bye, stephan