[mythtv] Channel switching (was: no subject)

Stephan Wentz mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 18:29:54 EST 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 17:18, Matthew Burnham wrote:
> > i can watch tv now, but can't swith the channel! when i try
> > to switch i get
> > this error:
> >
> > "Error, couldn't find any available channels.
> > Your database is most likely setup incorrectly."
> >
> > i looked into my channel-table in the database and it looks
> > correct (it was
> > created with the MC.sql script and filled correctly by
> > mythfilldatabase). btw what are the other sql-scripts in the
> > database-dir good for? (like
> > record.sql, cvs.sql and conflict*.sql ? do i have to import
> > these as well when
> > i do a fresh cvs-install?)
>
> What does you channel table contain, particularly the channum field? I
> needed to change the channum field to correspond to the frequency
> numbers of my channels (taken from /etc/X11/xawtvrc)?

yes, good hint...
but i don't have a /etc/X11/xawtvrc, because i don't have xawtvrc (i guess)...
now i put the channel-freqs (not really the freqs but the frequency-name, i
think) into channum, and that worked (for example E2, SE13, SE17,SE10, for
europe-west). but now mythtv shows these values on the osd when i switch
channel, can i configure mythtv to show the name-column from the database? or
the callsign? what's the difference between these two?

bye, stephan