[mythtv] I dont know, its freaking me out.

Chris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 07:17:54 EST 2003

Thank You Very Much for your help.  I switched the sblive 5.1 and
cmi8738 cards in the modules.conf so I can utilize the sblive as my
primary card.  I set the Line and Capture as CAPTUR.  Capture is at
maximum volume unmuted. Line is at minimum volume muted.  In addition, I
had to set Wave volume to 76 and unmuted nocapture, and AC97 Capture to
80 unmuted no capture.  This combination allowed me to run xawtv -C
/dev/dsp -c /dev/video0 and aplay /dev/dsp with sound.  I already know
the mixer settings were correct for the cmi8738, but since it is not
connected to speakers, I muted the master volume and pcm and just left
mic muted, 100, and at CAPTUR and mic capture at 100.  I was able to
simultaneously record 2 videos and both have sound!!  Interestingly,
xawtv -C /dev/dsp1 -c /dev/video1 and aplay /dev/dsp1 did not have any
sound output even if I have the speakers connected and Master and PCM on
100.  It seems aplay /dev/dspx only works on the first dsp device?  Boy,
this was very hard and frustrating but I am glad its over. ( I hope).
Saved my mixer settings with alsactl -f /etc/asound.state store.