[mythtv] I dont know, its freaking me out.

Chris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun Jan 12 00:42:53 EST 2003

I thought you needed two soundcards for two tuners.  I have installed
two tv tuners and have onboard cmi8738 and instlled an sb live 5.1 card
as well.  Couldnt seem to make the two sound cards agree with each
other.  Then after a series of failed configurations ,suddenly I can run
mythtv and do picture in picture and swap the pip and main window.  Both
of them have sound which is synced with the video.  Then I looked at the
back of the PC and saw that I have NOT yet connected the line out of the
ati tv tuner ve to the sb live 5.1 line in.  There is nothing connected
to the sb live 5.1 at all.  The ati tv wonder PCI is connected to the
cmi8738 at its mic in jack.  My speakers are connected to the line out
of the cmi8738.  How did the ati tv wonder ve audio find its way to
mythtv?  How is this possible?  I have not yet verified If i can record
with audio from each of the tuners.  Still tryng the mythfilldatabase
but I never expected this.  Is there a logical explanation or am I
simply not understanding audio configuration.