[mythtv] MythTV .nuv files to VCD

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 11 01:19:13 EST 2003

>>>>> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:52:14 -0700, "David Madsen" <madsend@myrealbox.com> said:

d> I have applied the patch to mplayer/mencoder allowing it to read the .nuv
d> files that MythTV outputs, but I'm looking for a cleaner solution for
d> creating VCD's.  Currently I have to use mencoder to convert it to straight
d> divx format, then from there I use virtualdub or avi2wav to demux the audio,
d> and then tmpgenc to encode it to VCD format.  Is anyone else doing something
d> similar?  What programs / settings are you using to process the .nuv files.
d> I tried using mencoder to encode straight to mpeg1video format but the file
d> didn't seem to be encoded properly.

	MPlayer comes with a "TOOLS/mencvcd" script which can be used
to create VCDs or SVCDs but the steps it goes through are no cleaner
than what you've described:

- mplayer to demux nuv to yuv4mpeg and pcm
- yuvscaler + mpeg2enc to encode video
- mp2enc or lame to encode audio

- mplex to mux video and audio

- vcdimager to create CD image
- cdrdao to burn CD

The script runs the first three steps simultaneously because it uses
named pipes for the mplayer output.  I tried it once and it took about
4 hours to create a 1 hour VCD.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net