[mythtv] Progress: Different error message

Chris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 19:33:56 EST 2003

Did you associate a channel source with your video device?
Are you running as root? maybe some configuration files which are stored
in your user home directory are not being read.  If you run as root it
will look for these configs in the root directory.  Try switching to the
latest alsa release.   I have  cmi 8738 as well using alsa cvs.  The
strange error flushing buffer according to some posts is lame program
complaining.  I got the cmi 8738 working using the mic input.  You are
going to need alsamixer to set the volumes of mic and mic capture to
100%.  You are going to need to save these volumes to /etc/asound.state
and reload the settings each time you reboot.  The line in and cd in
inputs are too weak.   Does xawtv work with audio?  Hope this helpls