[mythtv] Re: mythtv-dev digest, Vol 1 #287 - 28 msgs

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 16:59:00 EST 2003

--=-7crEIrW+8AANTkTH7PEn

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 15:15, Dr. J. S. Pezaris wrote:

> That said, Isaac has responded to the query for hardware encode/decode
> support with two arguments, first that there is no current support for su=
ch
> under v4l, and second that he won't support hardware that he doesn't own.
> I, personally, cannot verify the first assertion, and hope that someone
> else can.  I understand the second, but it seems ingenuine since there is
> good MythTV support for things like non-US cable systems.

Although the support for non-US systems may have come from people other
than Issac, and probably a lot easier to modify software. It's hard, if
not impossible to write drivers for hardware which you don't own.
This doesn't stop others from writing drivers, and modifying the code
(cleanly) and getting the support added to MythTV.=20

The bottom line of this is that Issac decides what he wants to spend his
unpaid time doing.

I've used a WinTV PVR on a Windows box, and wasn't impressed with the
quality of the output.

--=20
Regards,
Adam Allen.