Re[2]: [mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Bernard Johnson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 07:55:38 EST 2003

Just a FYI for those interested in the WinTV PVR-250 cards...

The retail price of these cards seems to be $149.

OfficeMax is currently running these cards for $149 - $20 instant rebate -
$30 mail in rebate = final price $99

I believe this special runs through Jan 11.

And my $.02 - basically I agree with the sentiments of Andrew below.

Also for those against sff pcs, they serve a purpose... Don't ignore the
space consideration.  I basically want the equivalent of a Tivo (at LEAST
those features, which Myth has a way to go yet), and then extra stuff (web
browse from the tv, email, etc... kinda like webtv).  Also, why would this
be worse than a Matrox Marvel G200/G400 card that is compressing to MJPEG?
MPEG2 would be better in my opinion.

Another topic:
The Weather module is a great idea....  I hope these guys keep working on
more information services as well.... Like I'd like to be able to flip over
to the equivalent of movies.yahoo.com and get what is showing tonight and
where/when.  Also stock quotes... hey, just keep piling it on.  Maybe we
need an Information module that you can plug in different information
services.   I wish I had time to write some code :)