[mythtv] I can't seem to find the answer to this....

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 01:40:31 EST 2003

Brian May wrote:
> I can't seem to find the answer to this, so here goes.  Do you watch the
> "TV" through the TV set or the computer monitor?  I'm assuming the computer
> monitor..

MythTV shows the TV video using the X11 window system, the
standard Unix graphical interface. If you run X to a computer
monitor, you can watch MythTV on the monitor. Several people
use graphic cards with TV out built in or use a "scan
converter" to display on a TV. If you can get X to output to
a TV, you can use it to watch MythTV.

Hope this helps,

--  bjm