[mythtv] MythWeather

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu Jan 9 14:38:15 EST 2003

Hey guys!

Thought some of my escapades in mythweather installation might be
insightful.. I really enjoy this program, and think it's a GREAT idea!!!

1) QT3.0 vs QT3.1:
When I first tried to install the stock mythweather, I got an error about
the setHidden() function:

     weather.cpp:501: no matching function for call to
     `QFrame::setHidden(bool)'

Upon closer examination, it seems that the "setHidden" function is only in
QT3.1.. in QT3, the "hide()" and "show()" functions are used.. As such,
I replaced all "setHidden(true)" statements in weather.cpp with "hide()"
and all "setHidden(false)" statements with false.

The code compiled with no errors.

2) Americans vs. Rest of the world..

No, this isn't going to be a condemnation of American foreign policy, but
instead a rant about the SI units of measurement vs. the american old
school.. though it would be nice to think that it's going to be 10 degrees
CELSIUS outside today, no such luck.. I wanted to make a diff or
something, but am more than a little too lazy, so instead you can find the
source.. In it, I added a function to convert f. to c. for a couple of
them, and for a couple it just had repetitions of the functions.. I would
*love* to see the program instead checking to see which settings are
desired and running them, but I'm sure that'll all happen in good time..

Anyhow, just replace the weather.cpp with this different one. This source
has the following implementations:

a) QT3.0 friendly
b) F --> C; mph --> km/h; inches (of what???) --> kPa (for barometrics)

http://tarek.2y.net/myth/weather.cpp

tarek : )