[mythtv] Edit Channel Listings

Jon Nierenburg mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 8 13:30:02 EST 2003

In your ~/.mythtv directory, there should be a file called
<video_source_name>.xmltv .  You are going to have to edit that file
manually, and then rerun mythfilldatabase --manual again.

Okay, I don't quite know if this will let you remove channels from the
database.  I had to edit my .xmltv because where I live (Boston) the zap2it
listing for regualar cable was missing a bunch of channels, so I had to use
the digital cable listing and edit it so that it  reflected my actual cable
line up.  Then I ran mythfilldatabase --manual.

Worst case scenerio you could just edit the  channel table manually.  I like
mysql's My Control Center (mycc) gui admin program.

Jon